Saturday, August 7, 2010

How to block Twitter's suggested users on home page, thanks to @kitchenmage

Thanks to @jaycbee, @tweetsmarter, and @kim for bringing to my attention this extremely neat article, written by our ever vigilant, multi-talented, friend Beth Sheresh, known on Twitter as @kitchenmage, who apparently -- when she is not blogging -- is coding:
Removing Twitter's Recommended User to Follow "Feature"

Do you hate those recommendations from twitter as much as I do? Rhetorical question, I know. It seems to be the new thing to hate - and with good reason this time. It just recommended I follow someone who blocked me when I wrote Cook's Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knife Roll. Last straw, much?

I decided there must be a way to kill the suckers. You know what? There is a reason they call me Application Goddess. Done in 12 minutes. Take that, twitter.
Complete article

Beth has also devised additional filters to block the (a) 'other people who follow this person' list here and the "you both follow" popup here [although my latter filter has stopped working in Firefox, due to some apparent 'workaround' by Twitter].

(Short url for this post: http://bit.ly/a2hvux)
(Short url for kitchenmage's article: http://j.mp/b5Epdg)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have a few simple comment rules:

(a) No

1. rudeness
2. falsehood
3. deception
4. unfair tactics
5. comment spam
6. shilling or trolling

(b) stay on topic, and

(c) if you're anonymous, use a handle so we can distinguish you from other anonymous commenters.

Thanks for commenting.

Ray