The following are my Twitter "refollow" policies:
My primary interest on Twitter is having good conversations with interesting people who care about people, and other living things, other than themselves.
Please do not follow me, as I am not likely to follow you back, if:
1. You describe yourself as wildly successful and completely happy, living a perfect life in total contentment. (You don't need me to screw it all up for you.)
2. Your Twitter account is primarily about selling something, promoting yourself, promoting your religion, or picking fights with people like me.
3. You are a company or a bot.
4. You want to be my "coach", "guru", "visionary", or "thought leader". (I would much rather fail on my own terms).
5. You tweet frequently about how to make money, get more followers, and/or achieve as much success as you. (I will never be as successful as you, and I already am struggling with how to find the time in the day to give, to each of the followers I already have, the attention he or she deserves.)
Also, if I do refollow you, please do not send me automatic DM's suggesting I read something or do something; I already have too much to read and to do.
(Here's a shortened URL to this post: http://is.gd/cNFKN)
@RayBeckerman's Twitter ReFollow Policies by Ray Beckerman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at beckermanlegal.com.